Re: Chassis Pads

To: <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Chassis Pads
From: <slowboy@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 19:06:05 -0400
Thanks for the help.

On the 14 cloth reinforced pads for the bolts the following is what I found at
the truck store.

As I said yesterday I found that early Chevy pads work for the six large bolts.
They will also work for the other eight if you peel off the extra layers.

More specifically:

1950-1955-1st Chevy truck radiator support to frame pads are 2" x 2" of the
correct material. Just drill the hole to 5/8s for the larger bolts.

IF you don't want to peel a couple layers off the above pads for the other
eight pads you can use the following:

1955-1966 Chevy truck radiator support pads. These pads are round but are a
nice fit and need no drilling for the other eight body bolts.

As for the horse hair replacement pads, I went with Coleman Rest Easy Camp Pad
that I now have to cut to size.