oil spray bar on U20 question

To: <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: oil spray bar on U20 question
From: "C. Halsted" <chalsted@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 06:13:50 -0400
I was yanking the drivetrain out of a ratty old rusty 2000 yesterday and
noticed there was a fitting plumbed into the back of the head and a "T"
fitting off the block where that oil pressure line attaches that has the
wire wound around it... there's a hard line goes from the "T" fitting up to
the back of the head... would this be some way to get additional oiling to
the camshaft? haven't seen a setup like this before. he'd put all new timing
stuff on the car and had the head done and then came up with small metal
particles in the oil and that's how I bought it over 10 years ago. time to
snarf out all that nice new timing stuff :-) can use it to finish building
the engine for SRL311-00496 which I hope to have on the road by spring.
00569 heads off to the shop this weekend to get the bodywork and paint done.
engine already done on this one. 00525 is tentatively sold, guy's in France
on business and will be giving me a deposit when he returns next week. 00496
is being built as a red Solex car, 00569 will be a silver SU car.

Thanks,
Craig