RE: throwout bearing

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: throwout bearing
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 17:42:17 -0700
The throwout bearing is pressed onto a rather large metal collar. In the
diagram at http://www.gordon-glasgow.org/Images/29.gif, the throwout bearing
is number 31 and the collar is 26-29. Number 32 is the wire spring that
holds the collar onto the clutch arm (number 13). Just pull on it, it'll
come out.

Unless you have a large press, I'd take it to a machine shop and have them
remove the old bearing and install the new one.