Re: 1500 Stuff

To: Mark Dent <mark@dealermats.com>
Subject: Re: 1500 Stuff
From: Rob Simmons <rsimmons2@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 22:10:48 -0500
Hi Mark,
thanks for the speedy reply.

First of all, I'm not selling now ... just trying to establish a value
for future reference.  The 1500 is a running driving car.  I haven't
run it for the last two summers because I'm space restricted (we had 3
cars on the go...one of which was for sale).  The 1500 would have been
the fourth car in the mix.  To add to the confusion, I'm trying to
restore a 2000 which was mostly (except for the body) restored.  The
2000 came from Indianapolis and has had some interesting changes such
as a narrowed Dodge rear end.  Did I mention we have a single car
garage and live in a condo in the city center? I am currently trying to
work out a deal to finish the 2000 (it needs some paint and body work).
   If that works out, I probably will put the 1500 up for sale.

BTW the city is Winnipeg in Canada....about 600 miles north of
Minneapolis.  Minneapolis is about a 6-7 hour drive from Winnipeg.

As I said, the car was painted about 7 years ago.  I have owned it
since about 1998.  I have registration papers from the original owner
going back to 1979.  Believe it or not, the P.O. was a little old lady
teacher who lived in the country,  The car grew up in the country, away
from the city salt and corrosion so is virtually rust free.  The
interior is showroom.  The only problems being the stickon chrome, and
the non-working speedo.  I'm not sure if the fake wire wheels (the P.O.
tastefully added a Datsun logo to the centers) are a liability or not.
The pictures don't do it justice,  the first picture shows the car
covered in dust and condensation from the storage facility.  The best
picture (#2) shows the best view including the top which needs relining
and an new rear window.

As it stands, the car is probably one of the better unrestored 1500's
in North America.

Rob