Re: Volvo brakes help

To: "Paul Souza" <pauljsouza@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Volvo brakes help
From: "worm611" <worm611@ptd.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 12:46:33 -0400
Paul,

Thanks for fowarding that to me.  I went with the Stainless Lines and
fittings, I think it cost me a total of around 50 bucks.  I think its a much
cleaner look, and I'm not crazy about pepboys aftermarket parts, nor 35 year
old NOS rubber on my brake lines, but thats just my opinion.

I was talking with a fellow about running slotted and or vented rotors.  I'm
questioning the width the calipar has to travel in order to squeeze the
factory solid rotor, does this look like any issue to you?  I haven't read
anything about it, just wondered.  The vented rotors will be a huge
improvement on top of the volvo calipars, but not sure if the factory solid
ones fit snug, if I'll have enough room for probably twice the thickness of a
vented rotor.

Any thoughts on that?

Jeremy
68 2000