Re: Dash Frame Compatibility?

To: Ronnie Day <rday@hot.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Dash Frame Compatibility?
From: Leigh Brooks <shifty@shiftco.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 22:40:36 -0700
Somewhere I have a photo of a flat dash placed in the rat. (I'll try to
find it). The mounting points are different, but can't be hard to
fabricate.

The main problem, I think, is that there is a difference in the shape
where the high window meets the cowl. An early dash cover may not be
deep enough to reach all the way back. In other words, the base of the
window in a later car is a different shape than the early cars and may
require a custom dash cover. Might be close enough, though.

Leigh Brooks
NWDE
Seattle