RE: Won't start - what's the drill? SOLVED!

To: "Datsun List" <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Won't start - what's the drill? SOLVED!
From: "Pete Peters" <ppeters914@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 22:14:27 -0700
Well, Mr. Burrows suggested choking the sh*%#!! Out of it and keeping my
foot off the pedal - BINGO! That did it. Idles a little rough, but I figure
to do a tune-up soon.

Once I was running, I took a nice run down I-5 from Lake Forest Park to
Seattle to work on the old house (Gotta get it on the market - double
mortgages not fun). First time I really got to run it ---
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! What was icing on the cake was, whilst stopped for
gas, someone walked by and said "Nice Fairlady." WooHOO!

Btw, no one mentioned that the faster you go, the more fuel you have! <g>
Yes, anything above 3000 rpm and both the water temp and gas gauges are
pegged to the right. IIRC, there's a solution for that on 311s.org. The good
news is that the alternator is charging -- unless a working ammeter is also
a fluke, hehehehehe. And I think I solved the non-working speedo issue --
cable ain't connected. DOH!

Are we having fuN yet?

Pete