Re: WIRED

To: "Richard Hugi" <richard@tntarch.com>
Subject: Re: WIRED
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 13:46:58 -0700
> After installing my EI Dizy, I found two additional wires connected to
> my ballast resistor....

Ahhh, but which side of the resistor?

I'm suspecting that the PO used this as a convenient spot to snag
switched power. Remember, one side of the resistor is fed +12 via
the ignition switch 'on' position, and the other side then travelled to
the coil '+' terminal. So if you tap the correct side, you get switched
+12 (however, you also risk blowing the ign fuse if you overload. And
killing your ignition circuit 'cause you turned the radio up too loud
will really suck on the freeway!)

-- John