Re: Sorry for being stupid

To: mhknorr@msn.com, datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Sorry for being stupid
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 10:21:25 EDT
Hello,

    To reply to the poster alone I just hit "reply" on  AOL. To reply to the
entire list I hit "reply all".

    Don't bet on the 1600 not topping 100 mph. Mine  does very handily.
Before I rebuilt the engine it would run hot when I ran fast  (90-100) turns
out 6
out of 8 cam lobes were damaged, some about flat. I rebuilt  it to stock
specs, cam, compression ratio, etc., and it has seen the top side of  100
several
times. Now, if you adjust the carb linkage so that they only open  about half
way of find a single carb 1500 manifold, that should do the trick.

    While the 1600 will top 100 I don't think most  folks will do it very
often. It is much happier slower, 85 or so. The  aerodynamics are a bit rough
for
100 and it tires you out pretty fast at high  speeds.

keith

In a message dated 9/26/2004 6:42:55 PM Pacific Daylight Time,