Re: 3- or 4-point harness

To: "Bill Engelhardt" <bengelhardt@sbcglobal.net>,
Subject: Re: 3- or 4-point harness
From: "Andy Cost" <andycost@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 06:23:11 -0500
I use Simpson six point harness.  The shoulder belt is attached to the rear
bulkhead.  Behind the rear bulkhead is a length of 1" tubing that attaches
to the rear body mounting bolt on one end and to the shoulder belt I'bolt on
the other end.  Make sure to use god quality I bolts that are a continuous
loop.  The ones that aren't welded will open up under high loads.  The lap
belts are attached to the roll bar mount on the left and through the tranny
tunnel on the right near the package shelf.  The I bolt through the tranny
tunnel has a large 3/16" thick backing plate.  The anti- submarine belts are
attached through the floor with backing plates.  Make sure that the
anti-submarine belts attach as far back as possible.  Mine attach under the
seat.

Andy