Re: Garage Cleaning -- Round III

To: RWM <RWM@rwmann.com>
Subject: Re: Garage Cleaning -- Round III
From: "David R. Conrad" <conrad1@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 08:33:33 -1000
Wow!  Now, thanks to Mike, I now know with whom I was dealing.

Bob - attached are photos of your knob in a new life.

For some reason, it wouldn't thread properly on the shaft of the shift
lever, so I destroyed my original black knob (now very worn and ugly) to get
its really nice, chrome threaded base.  I then modified the walnut knob, to
epoxy it to that base.

Then I refinished it, and am very pleased with my (bargain) unique knob.

Thanks,

Dave
'68 1600
Kailua-Kona

RWM wrote:

> It's "nice", but 30 years old.  Has a lot of shifts showing, but alot of
> shifts left, too.  I suspect that yours will a winning offer, David.
>
> - Bob
>
> "David R. Conrad" wrote:
> >
> > Bob:
> >
> > I realized that after I sent my reply.
> >
> > So, it's a matter of how much it would be worth to me, shipping taken
> > into account,.  Ebay, jr. :-).
> >
> > I'd predicate that on U.S. Postal Service, Priority Mail shipping of
> > about $5.00, for that small an item from anywhere on the mainland to
> > Hawaii.
> >
> > If it's "nice", maybe it would be worth $15 to me.  How about a bid of
> > $10.  I can pay by Paypal or any other way, convenient to you.
> >
> > Dave
> >
> > RWM wrote:
> >
> > > Dave,
> > >
> > > The msg (a few hours ago) stated "best offer", so I'd like to let it
> > > stand on that basis for a while, at least.  If I haven't received any
> > > offers, I'll reply with "how much".  Thanks.
> > >
> > > - Bob

> --
> - R.W. Mann & Company, Inc.   >>  Airline Industry Analysis
>   Port Washington, NY  11050  >>  tel 516-944-0900, fax -7280
>   mailto:RWM@RWMann.com       >>  URL http://www.RWMann.com/

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of A
New Knob (photo)]

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
Knob (closeup)]