New To The List

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: New To The List
From: "Jeremy Welsch" <worm611@ptd.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 20:27:47 -0400
Hello All,

I have just purchased my second Datsun........besides a parts car.  I've
been without one for about 10 years, since I was 18.  Its a 68 2000, been
sitting in a barn since 1975, still has the inspection sticker on it, has
48K miles on it.  Its all there and very solid, basically what I have been
looking for.

It does run, and sounds pretty good, however, when these cars sit for 20
years, what all should I plan on replacing?  I know brakes and slave
cylinders, bias ply tires, haha, and the basics, should I be looking for
anything other than the obvious?  Also when redoing the brakes has anyone
ever done a disc brake upgrade to the rear??  Is there anything available?
And the dashpad, its nice, just has the typical crack over the gauge,
repair?  or dash cap?  Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
Jeremy