Dry Ice & Frame Offs

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dry Ice & Frame Offs
From: <slowboy@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 14:07:47 -0400
I am so happy someone posted that dry ice tip for removing the dynamat like
stuff from the floors.

It was 102 in the garage at 8am here in Phoenix but 60 pounds per side made a
nice blanket of cool. Haven't seen frost in seven years.

After an hour I pounded the floor with a 3 pound rubber hammer and the stuff
popped off as advertised. At the moment the angled part of the firewall is
chillin' as I had to jack up the rear end so it would stop sliding off.

That's one cooooool tip.

As a rule of thumb I always asked myself when buying an old car whether I want
to just drive it, do a partial restoration or a full blown frame-off.

With that said; I don't know what possessed me into thinking I was still 26;
Every morning I see myself in the mirror and wonder where I went 'cause that
ain't me in the mirror. Obviously my mind didn't consult my body about the
frame-off descision.

None-the-less, this little car will get completed while my next project will be
a 1960s GM related vehicle to tow this little car.