Re: SR20det swap

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SR20det swap
From: John Atchison <jda@srv.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 22:51:10 -0700
OK........... I've been awful quiet on the list lately.....
I have to give my two cents.......

I bought Brian's SR20DET roadster last summer,
have still not driven it very much,
too much work, too many other toys, too busy re-building and racing shifter
karts, etc, etc
plus it sits in the garage 6 months of the year and hibernates while I ski....

But I can tell you that the SR20DET roadster is a beast..... yahoooooooo !
NOT for the faint of heart and NOT for someone who doesn't like to continually
fix, upgrade and generally tinker with their toys.
Currently I have boost limited to 9 pounds,
no use blowing up a good motor already.
When the turbo comes on full boost,  (is there REALLY any other way....
!!!!!  )
everything in the car shakes, rattles and twists.
I am constantly putting parts back on the car that want to vibrate off.
What an interesting ride ! Always brings a smile to my face when I fire it up.
The SDS engine management computer made it easy to re-tune the car
for high altitude running here in Idaho, as opposed to it's original home
at sea level.

The car is in the process of getting new rear pads and rotors, new rollbar,
5 point harnesses, and hopefully a paint job before the end of summer.

One of these days I'll have to make some runs with a G Analyst and see what
it predicts
for hp

Always ...... ENJOY the RIDE

John Atchison