Newbie to list with questions

To: "'Datsun Roadsters list'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Newbie to list with questions
From: "Pete Peters" <ppeters914@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 12:43:22 -0700
Hiya.

Recently became interested in Datsun Roadsters. Learned my wife actually had
a '67 2000, which Husband #1 sold without her permission and without telling
her. Just one of the reasons she dumped him, lucky for me. <g>

Found some roadster websites, though most do -NOT- appear to have been
updated lately. Then I went window/internet shopping.

I'm kinda interested in a '67 (okay, 67.5) 2000....just like everyone else,
right? I like the shorter windshield plus it would be nice to surprise
Debbie w/ the car (Rosie) that she had great memories of.

I'm trying to get a handle on whether I should even be looking at 67's
and/or 2000's. Maybe the 1600 is fine; maybe 68-70 is okay. Need a driver,
not a project.

I'm used to the "which car should I buy?" questions on another group I
belong to (Porsche 914), but don't know where to look  for prices, what to
buy, what to look for, what to avoid, etc, etc. regarding Datsun Roadsters
(this list have archives and/or a buyers' FAQ somewhere?).

Anyway, looking for information and/or pointers to it.

Cheers.

Pete
Pete Peters
Seattle, WA