Re: wheel stud part #

To: <SPYDER62@aol.com>, <vlaury@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: wheel stud part #
From: Ronnie Day <rday@hot.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 17:55:22 -0500
> Rich

> Funny, you, of all people, should ask. When we look for wheel studs for
> Datsun Roadsters, We are told to look for corvair studs. Maybe you could post
> good source and part number for future use.
>
> You got it, Tried some Vair lugs I have and they went right on. Knew there
> was a reason I liked Roadsters other then that they are great cars (GGG) and
> anything that use Vair Parts has to be good.
> As for a source www.corvairundergound.com ph 503-434-1648 and ask for Lon or
> Curt and tell them rich from Salem sent you. Part number for the stud is
> U-1160 and last price I have is about a buck each and the nut is U-2192.

Rich, thanks for the info and the source. Just remember that you'll
undoubtedly be a different thread than the OEM and keep that in mind if you
install wheels that use something other than the tapered seat OEM style lug
nuts.

You'd think that with all of the different diameters, threads and nut styles
there are used on after market wheels that some enterprising individual(s)
would develop a business sourcing the different lug bolts, nuts and washers.
At least for cars like ours that fall somewhere between the older GM. Ford
and Mopar rides that you could almost build from catalogs these days and
some of the really rare Euro stuff.

FWIW,
Ron