Dash recommendations or ideas.

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dash recommendations or ideas.
From: "John N Smith" <qiktriumph@frontiernet.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 20:20:56 -0400
Dear Group
I recently purchased an 1969 and am in the middle of restoration. From
prolonged storage, little critters have eaten the entire dash sponge and all!
At this point I have stripped it to bare metal so using a dash cap is
impractical. I am building this car up as a street stripped racer anyways and
can use lighter or stripped down dash. The only stock gauge I intend to keep
will be the speedo.
Question? Anyone out there a tin- smith extrodinaire! I would like stock dash
modified to cover cut outs etc with face plate and things like the large
center bulge cut down etc. Or has anyone out ther used an entiely different
dash assembly, either out of earlier years or strange unit. Thanks John Smith