Mushy brakes

To: "Andy Cost" <andycost@earthlink.net>
Subject: Mushy brakes
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 11:47:28 -0400
Andy,

  Before you go looking for a new master cylinder, have you reinforced the
firewall where the master cylinder mounts?  I though I needed a bunch of new
brake stuff until I installed one of Stan's brake braces on my '69 1600.
Now they are rock solid.  If you aren't positive you need one, open the
hood, sit in the drivers seat, watch the top of the master cylinder, and
stomp on the brakes.  If the master cylinder raises up at all, you need a
brace!
  Not sure if Stan is still making them, but if not, he should pass the
design on to some one who will continue to make them.  Great design, simple
to install, and very effective!

Paul Kort
Ohio