windshield polishing???

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: windshield polishing???
From: "Arthur R. Rockwell" <arthurrockwell@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 14:35:54 -0700
Hi, folks.
I replaced my windshield some time ago with a used one from somewhere in
Arizona.  I think the car it came from must have sat through more than one
sandstorm, because the windshield has this hazy finish to it.  It's driving me
crazy!

Has anyone "polished" a windshield to eliminate scratches or haziness?  If so,
how did you do it?  I'd rather refinish since I heard that replacement
windshields were north of $500.00.

By the way, an update on my engine swap should be posted on the shop's website
in the next week or so.  I'll give you the link when it's posted.  The work is
looking great!  I had to get a new exhaust manifold because the downpipe
dropped right on to the steering column.  I got the slotted rotors for the
retrofit Volvo brake job from Dean @ Datsun Parts, who by the way has a
beautiful new location chock full of all sorts of goodies (much better than
the old garage)!  I was like a kid in a candy store and spent a lot more money
than my wife will ever know.

Happy motoring!

Arthur Rockwell
'66 SPL311 SR20DET