RE: How to make an Armored Roadster: armor paint: OT

To: tcost@hot.rr.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: How to make an Armored Roadster: armor paint: OT
From: "James Cawrse" <nqrithfordatsun@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 11:46:44 -0400
Your Correct.  Part of my job here at Navy Surface Force, Atlantic, is to
investigate interesting things like this.  Line-X, for example, besides
spray on
truck bedliners, has a pretty good Blast Mitigation Coating, which could be
sprayed on the inside bulkheads of ships.

The important thing, to best use your tax dollars, is to find a coating that
contains the blast, and is also better than paint at resisting corrosion in
a salt air environment.  That way we can save big money in manpower and
material over the life of the ship by not having to chip and paint.  If
testing shows
that the stuff will last inside water and fuel oil tanks, so much the
better!

I also look at new weapons, because its much better to kill the bad guys
first,
so there is no reason to test the capabilities of the blast resistant
coating!

Best Regards,
Jim
Chesapeake Va.

PS: roadster content:
I am almost ready to push the 510 station wagon out of the garage, which
will
give me the space to pull the engine and tranny out of SAKE RKT, and get her
back
on the road with a working 5spd.

Premium! http://join.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200439ave/direct/01/