RE: Need Guidance on Steering Boxes

To: "'Roadster List'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Need Guidance on Steering Boxes
From: Mitch Planck <mitch@ias.net>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 14:41:22 -0400
Hi Scott,
The SRL-311s had the Ross steering (cam and lever) before sn#9001 and
recirculating-ball after that. I have only seen the later models so I don't
know what the early ones look like, but check your serial number. Check out
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org/Images/49A.gif for an exploded view of the
early type. I also have some general info on steering boxes at
http://brooks-planck.org/DatsunDiaries/steering_boxes.html.

Best of luck,
Mitch Planck
Chelsea, MI