Re: Overheating?? : could have an answer

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Overheating?? : could have an answer
From: SPYDER62@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 23:29:00 EDT
In a message dated 5/18/2004 5:34:08 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
nqrithfordatsun@msn.com writes:
I came to the conclusion (after the list convinced me)
that I had a very small head gasket leak
that was putting a little air into the water, and the air would find its way
to the
water pump, stop the pump from working, and cause localized overheating in
the engine (radiator would be cool, or barely warm) but water would barf out
of the overflow.
Well, after I posted got to thinking and remembered that I had not re-torqued
the head after I did the Gasket when I got the car. So this evening I checked
and they were all under 50 pounds and did get air in the filler neckafter I
let it idle for a bit, so will order another gasket and do it right this time.
 Thanks for the input as always the list pull thru.
Rich
www.shepswoodncrafts.com
68 Datsun roadster
8 Corvairs