Older Post: Clutch Repair

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>, <limprod@comcast.net>
Subject: Older Post: Clutch Repair
From: "Eddie Sawyer" <esawyer@vansd.org>
Date: Sun, 02 May 2004 09:42:40 -0700
Hi all,
Digging up an older post on Clutch repair. Does anyone know wether there
is some furthur adjustment that can happen on a clutch before you yank
the sucker? I have my free play adjusted about an 1/8th of an inch and I
still get the occasional "whirrr" as I'm headed up a hill. I looked at
where the yoke on mine is on the rod, there are quite a few threads on
the other side of it.

Shasta isn't that far away so I need to know if there is another
possibility before I head for the hills. :-)

Thank you all,
ed
http://ed.sawyer.home.comcast.net

>>> "C. Halsted" <chalsted@adelphia.net> 04/17/04 1:33 PM >>>
in reading Joe's post about his problem with the clutch, he mentioned
being
adjusted all the way almost touching the piston rod boot... shouldn't he
be
adjusting at the other end of the piston rod- the end furthest away from
the
boot? would be a shame to pull the engine as has been suggested if the
yoke
is just being positioned at the wrong point on the rod. maybe I'm just
having a senior moment here....I thought as the clutch wore it was
necessary
to adjust the yoke further and further away from the slave cylinder and
it's
boot.
Craig
roadsters