Re: Report re: 2 cylinder 2000 solex problem

To: Geegc@aol.com
Subject: Re: Report re: 2 cylinder 2000 solex problem
From: gregs672liter@netzero.net
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 05:29:34 GMT
I agree with Mike Unger... good possibility.  However, what do the plugs in 1
and 4 look like... black? White?  Have we confirmed spark by direct observation
of the plugs in 1 and 4 i.e. cranked the engine with the plugs out and looked
to see if they spark?  Have we switched one and four wires around?  You have to
have 3 things to run:  compression (confirmed), spark (confirmed?) and fuel.
Try turning up the idle screw so the car runs at say 2000 rpms and spray a
small amount of starting fluid into 1 and 4.  If it is a fuel problem the car
should run normal.  If not, I would suspect spark.  Nine times out of 10,
"carburation" problems turn out to be ignition problems, so I am told.  Keep us
posted, and don't lose faith.  Your car is simply testing you to see if you
really love it.  Now, go apologize to it for suggesting it get stolen :-)
Greg Burrows