RE: Just Thinking.......

To: "'Mike/Chris Clothier'" <mclothier@earthlink.net>,
Subject: RE: Just Thinking.......
From: "Graeme Suckling" <graemes@saonline.com.au>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 11:39:51 +0930
Careful, thinking has been known to result in great discoveries!
There is a thread happening as we speak on our Ozdat Forum here in Oz, about
the availability of the Gilmer type drive for Nissan L series engines.
I've done a litle searching and can't even find who or where Gilmer is!
There are some pedestrian Nissan engines that utilise a toothed belt for the
OHC drive as well as driving the sidewinder water pump so there is a source
of pulleys and such which are OEM.
Whether any of them will adapt to your engine is ??
I'm wanting to do a similar conversion to my VG30 project but it is looking
like a custom jobby at the moment.
Of course if the water pump/alternator and whatever else is connected to the
toothed belt siezes, just imagine the calamity and destruction which would
result as the crank pulley tries to rotate the car :(
Regards,
Graeme Suckling
1965 SP310 - under construction DSOA Member # 112
1971 P510 4 door - daily driver, original owner.
1972 PL510 2 door - VG30ET on Autogas.
1973 HS30/240Z - re-building to 2004 specs.
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290669159
Adelaide, South Australia.