Re: correct wire hookup

To: remfender@earthlink.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: correct wire hookup
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 22:04:13 EDT
With the coil hooked up attach a volt meter to the coil terminals. The +
terminal should be + in relation to the - terminal. Also the resistor should be
on
the + side and the distributor goes to the - side. I have seen some with the
resistor on the wrong side. Another way to check. If your timing light has the
arrow on the pickup that points toward the spark plug, try clipping it on
both ways. If the flash is better with the arrow pointing away from the plug
the
coil + and - wires are backwards. (been there done that)

kw