Re: Dashpot oil...

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Dashpot oil...
From: "Stephen Wan" <Steve@olsonarchitect.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 16:23:42 -0800
There was an article in a spring /summer 2003 grassroots motorsports on a
MGB project with SU's.
They did not find any performace difference by changing different weight
oils or running with no oil at all.
Changing from points to an electronic ignition, however yielded a 4-6 HP.
They also tested exhaust systems and had mixed results.
The article said the next article in the series was to dyno test larger
carbs on the engine.  I'm still eagerly awiting the results when the publish
it.

Steve
70' 1600