2004 Z convention Track Day intro

To: 240z-club <240z-club@peak.org>,
Subject: 2004 Z convention Track Day intro
From: Les Cannaday <les@classicdatsun.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 20:18:45 -0800
Greeting Datsun/Nissan Fans
This is the first message of a few that will follow regarding
information on the 2004 Z convention Track day. I am sorry it will be long.
The track day is open to ALL Datsun/Nissan cars
For those of you interested in attending the Z convention out here on
the left coast let me offer up some further enticement.
My name is Les Cannaday and I am your host on behalf of Group Z and the
convention committee we are planning an incredible day of driving and
demonstrations not to be missed if you are into racing, AutoX, or just
incredibly spirited driving I think we will have something to fill the
bill.
We have kept the price to an incredibly low $100 for the day at what is
known as the fastest road in the west. Yes we will be at that track you
all see on speedvision where they test all the cars and we have some
great guests lined up. We will have a selection of driving instructors
to teach and show you the course and maybe even have a celebrity drive
along with you. I will not go into all the details now but there will be
a group for every driving level. We have been told that we can expect
possibly 3 or more different car magazines to attend this as well to
cover this and the convention.

The track day is open to ALL Datsun/Nissan cars

I want to encourage anyone with a vintage or current Datsun/Nissan race
car to please try and attend since this is also a celebration of Mr Ks
95th birthday and he is the one who got Datsun into racing outside of
Japan we are going to have some awesome race cars allowed to race to
show our appreciation and respect to the father of most of our favorite
cars. He will be at the track with us and we foresee this to be the
biggest ever all Datsun/Nissan track day ever done. We WILL be allowed
to have a real race at this event.

The date is June 17th Thurs. all day and we have room for many drivers
and I will try not to limit us until I think I have too many to make it
fun for all.
I will post more info on tech specs to follow as well as advice for
enjoying the track to its fullest.
When we invade Willow springs it will be the big track and the Streets
of Willow will have a full auto X setup by some of the best pros I know
and driving instruction that should prove to be top notch as well as a
Nismo sponsored Drifting demonstration and they are bringing over the
best guy in Japan. Seventeen other Cars and friends are coming from
Japan as well.

There will be a mandatory Drivers meeting regarding safety and etiquette
on the morning of the event and if you do not attend you will NOT get on
the track. I would also like to encourage any of you who wish to drive
to please bring helmets since that could become a problem I will have
more details in following posts on additional safety concerns  breakdown
of the groups and what we will expect from you.
Please send any request for info to me but do watch for me to add things
on these lists and if you know someone who may wish to attend please
let them know or if they have a special car that you think should be
here. Please do not bombard Group Z or the convention website for info
on the track day. Please print this out and keep it for reference. below
are some links to the track that you will enjoy especially the one where
John Morton tells you how its done I hope you will all enjoy them
Thank you
Les Cannaday

http://www.willowspringsraceway.com/home/home.asp

http://www.willowspringsraceway.com/trackinformation/hotlap.asp