Restoring/Chroming Brake Cylinders..

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Restoring/Chroming Brake Cylinders..
From: Gabriel LaO <gabe_lao@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 07:43:08 -0800 (PST)
Hello List,

 The brakes on my roadster gave in the other day. After some analysis it looks
like I have to replace the bushings and either restore or replace the cylinders.

First thing I plan to do is replace the problematic front rubber bushing which
has already expanded out of size.  I intend to replace the rubber of the left
front outside cylinder and see how the caliper works.  If this solves the brake
problem then good.

 My concern is if replacing the bushing kit for this cylinder doesn't  work, is
it worth trying to restore this cylinder?. The cylinder has rusted a little on
the inside. My mechanic suggested removing the rust and maybe chroming the
inside of the  cylinder w/o affecting the bore size?  Do you think this will
solve the problem?

 Please advise.

 Thanks,
Gabe