RE: oil sender hole question

To: "'datsun_sports'" <datsun_sports@hotmail.com>,
Subject: RE: oil sender hole question
From: "Graeme Suckling" <graemes@saonline.com.au>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 12:12:27 +1030
Hi Mike,
I assume engine is off, oil sender is out, and you are concerned there is no
oil exiting the threaded hole in the gallery yes?
Without the engine running, i.e. zero oil pressure, drainback will occur and
little if any oil would be present in the gallery.
The filter should remain full but that is about it.
Crank the engine with the sender out and see what happens!
Just make sure you have a catch can at the sender hole cause once the
gallery fills you should be oiling the world!
Regards,
Graeme Suckling
1965 SP310 - under construction DSOA Member # 112
1971 P510 4 door - daily driver, original owner.
1972 PL510 2 door - VG30ET on Autogas.
1973 HS30/240Z - re-building to 2004 specs.
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290669159
Adelaide, South Australia.