Re: Offset crash test - Ford F150 FULLSIZED pick up vs. MINI

To: <limprod@comcast.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Offset crash test - Ford F150 FULLSIZED pick up vs. MINI
From: "roadster katman" <roadster@rcn.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 22:05:31 -0800
There was a TV report on this a month or so ago in the U.S. Possibly on 60
Minutes TV show.

The video replays are frightening. What they pointed out is that Ford says
they retooled the F-150 for this year, to resist life-threatening damage in
an offset crash. However, they are still using the old chassis design
elsewhere (Expedition and/or Excursion?) and still selling them. You hit an
obstruction on the drivers side, and the passenger compartment buckles
compressing the driver under the engine. Ugly.

Fred - SSF