RE: Recommendation for upholstery shop in SF bay are?

To: "'Mark and Susan Miller'" <marknsuz@pacbell.net>,
Subject: RE: Recommendation for upholstery shop in SF bay are?
From: "Daniel Neuman" <neuman@RadOnc17.UCSF.Edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 11:36:08 -0800
King Kovers is a couple of blocks from my house.  I was going to use them
but I heard some inside dirt about them and decided to go elsewhere.  Brian
Cano had his interior done there (it looks awesome) and a bunch of other
stuff.  He said that all the quality work was done by one guy and that this
guy quit the shop cause they were screwing him over.  He was supposed to be
opening his own shop soon (this was ummm two years ago) so he has probably
done it but I don't know anything about it.
        When looking at shops I think you want to pick one that's been
around for a while >20 years with a following- and with the original people
still there working.  I ran across a couple shops that had been around for
years but had been sold to new owners who were in the process of running it
into the ground with shoddy work.
One such place that I used to do the flames on my seats and tonneau is
called AA top and Trim in SF.  This is the shop Mike Young uses I believe.
I liked them, they did good work but the are busy and kinda slow.  Jerry the
woman who does the sewing and stuff does good work the guy that installed my
tonneau kinda screwed up a bit but I am surviving.
                Daniel Neuman
                Oakland CA
                69 2000
$
$"Cohen, David M" <d.cohen@hp.com> asked:
$
$Hi all,
$  I just purchased a stayfast top for my 68 roadster.  Can anyone
$recommend a shop in the San Francisco bay area who does good work?  I
$live in Fremont.  Thanks!
$
$I have always been treated well, had great work done, and I believe the
prices
$have been fair at King Kovers on Broadway in Oakland.
$
$And an OT aside: does anyone need a transmission for a slant six Dodge?  I
$have a fine rebuilt one to give away before we move.
$
$Mark Miller
$69 RHD Fairlady 2000
$Alameda, CA but soon Sebastopol, CA