RE: switching alternator sides

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: switching alternator sides
From: "Brian Hollands" <Brian_Hollands@adp.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 11:15:23 -0500
FYI - I'm going to update that alternator relocation page.  The threaded
rod design I outlined on that page worked perfectly for over 10 years.
Then I started racing the car.  I've broken the threaded rod twice in
the last several months autocrossing.  I've since altered the design so
that I'm using a 3/8th 3 inch bolt through the mount and a 3-1/2 inch
long bolt through the alternator joined at the center by a threaded
coupling.  All of that stuff is available at lowes.  This seems to work
better at high RPM but I'm still watching it before I settle on this
being the "solution".  If you're not racing the car, the threaded rod
ought to work fine, it lasted me 10 years.

Brian '69 2000
Tampa, FL
web.Tampabay.rr.com/oilleak