Detailing

To: "Datsun roadster list " <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Detailing
From: "J Sylvester" <jsylvester3136@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 08:05:16 -0600
I'm almost there!

I am tantalizingly close to having my roadster totally sorted out and ready
for the road.  It passed the Texas safety inspection with flying colors
yesterday, and I'm going to take a day of vacation Friday to get it licensed
and tagged.

Before I ask another question of the list, I want to again publicly thank
just a few of the folks who have endured my ignorance and patiently metered
out advice and training.  Thanks to your help, I'm learning!

Bob, who entrusted his roadster to my care;
Jim, who hauled it here from Florida in his enclosed race trailer;
Paul, who taught me wiring diagnosis techniques and sorted out my back
brakes and horn
Bruce, who sold me a perfectly rebuilt fuel pump and talked me through a few
initial instillation issues;
Tom, the brightest bulb on the list, who modestly provided insightful
advice;
Eric, who always chips in with pointers and reminders.

My question now is on detailing:

Although my car has a fairly fresh average re-spray, the paint is a little
lackluster owing to probably never having been buffed.  The interior is in
good shape, but its original red is a little dingy with dimmed dash lights,
etc.

Can someone point me to a source or give me some advice on the steps to
properly waxing, polishing and buffing the paint (including a product
recommendations) and the steps to detailing the interior (including product
recommendations) that would remove a few of it's 36 year life.  I would
particularly appreciate advice on rehabbing the dash lights and dial luster
(the main grounds are all cleaned up but I am aware of any under dash
grounds, etc).

Thanks for your continuing help!

Jim Sylvester
'68 2000