Roadster I found a few days ago

To: "Datsun Team" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Roadster I found a few days ago
From: "Jon and Maggie" <jm.rider@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 20:40:47 -0800
Team,

Based on my input to the list a few days ago about I car I found in south
Seattle, one of the readers who lived very close to the car went and took a
further look.  He doesn't actually subscibe to the list but reads the web
version, so he couldn't provide the info directly and asked that I send in
more info.  I have copied a composite of his notes below:

Sincerely,
Jon Rider
69 2000
Bothell, Wa

" I looked at this car today. I only live about 3 miles from Bill and also
have a 69 1600, so I thought it was well worth checking out.  Here is further
info: The engine is not rebuilt, but rather it was bought in California. It
also is not the original engine, but instead an early 68. In addition to
missing the rear bumper and headlight rings it is missing the grill.  When I
opened the glove compartment, there was some material stuffed in there. When I
poked it, a rat jumped out. Scared the pants off of me.  You are right, Bill
is a nice guy.

All the emblems and side trim is missing. It has been filled in. Some people
like it like that, though.  The engine s/n does not match the i.d. plate and
is an early 68. I would be very surprised if it had been rebuilt, based on the
outside appearance. I never saw anybody put much money into a rebuild and not
bother to clean the outside and replace the rusty bolts. I believe it is just
a used engine that his son got from California. "

Thanks,
Steve