Subject: Re: tall driver and package shelf

To: Roadster Listgroup <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Subject: Re: tall driver and package shelf
From: Dan Neff <neffster189@adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 09:59:53 -0700

Tue, 04 Nov 2003 "Eric Frisbee" wrote:
 >I'm surprised that Dan Neff hasn't chimed in on this one yet... he's
 >a big 6'3"?, 250ish guy as well and has some 280Z seats in his
 >roadster that work NICE!  I'm 6'0" and could barely reach the petals
 >at his setting... that was sooooo nice!!  Us taller folks know the
 >pain of bent knee...

  Well, Dan Neff was on a business trip for 2 weeks, and is STILL
catching up with digests!!
  I'm only 6'2" :) . And they're 240Z seats (280Z brackets are too high).
I recommend 240Z seats for tall folks, especially if you can get a
shot, sagging, driver's seat (they're a hair too high in good condition).
I mounted it about 3.5" back from the stock holes - still have space before
the package shelf, and great leg room! The only complaint is the seats are
a bit flat, so they aren't the best choice for autocrossing. I'm hoping a
reupholsterer might someday be able to beef up the sides a bit..

dan neff    '69 2000
colorado springs, co
http://www.wycroc.org