Parts for sale posted on list:

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Parts for sale posted on list:
From: "Gerardo Magana" <gmagana@softcom.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 22:44:29 -0800
Wow, Those parts posted by an unmentioned person are great, specifically the
Solex Linkage.  Maybe I should buy a bunch of Solex linkages for 100 dollars
and then mark them up 125%, it's a good thing I am not a vendor. I remember
Mr. Yoshiro Izawa was selling them at Shasta for 100 dollars each linkage set.
If anyone is interested I can contact him and you can deal directly with him,
it's about 125% cheaper. I know he is a personal friend of the owner of Mikuni
and is the only person that can get a manufacturing run. He might still have
some spares in Japan and would be able to ship them.  It's unfortunate that a
vendor would place such a mark up on an item like that, especially when some
of the owners can't afford to pay that.  My philosophy is to get more of these
Datsuns on the road and that is why I am writing this. In all fairness it
seems to me that maybe 25 to 50 dollars would be an ok profit, but 125??? I
know I am going to get blasted for this, but buyer beware.
Gerardo Magana
1967.5 2000
1964 1500