help with value

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: help with value
From: "cm.wilson" <cm.wilson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 20:34:33 -0800
Hello list.  Well, after 12 years in my garage, the word "sell" has found its
way into my mind.  The plus side of this is that my in-laws really want the
car.  They have the space, and soon, the time to devote to it that I have
never had.  The dilemma...I don't know what price to tell them.  I have tried
to find comparable cars to base a price on, but I find that the others are
either much nicer or in need of way too much help.  Does anyone have an idea
of what a fair price would be, or know where I can go to look?  Here is some
info on the car:

67 1600
Engine - runs strong
Clutch - on its way out
Interior - seats perfect...I recently pulled everything else out (original and
shot)
Body - straight..just a few dings and dents (No rust)
Top - ripped
The Tach and the fuel gauge work, but that is about it

Spare parts - many various parts - large items include another complete
engine, roll bar, convertible frame, 2 or 3 sets of SU carbs

That is all I can think of off the top of my head.  Also, as part of the deal
to my in-laws...I want first dibs on the car when they want to get rid of it.
By that time my kids will be a little older, which is why I parked it 8 years
ago :)

Thank you in advance for any words of wisdom you may have

Curtis
67 1600
Folsom, CA