K&N filter question-kinda OT

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: K&N filter question-kinda OT
From: datster@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 20:08:18 +0000
This question mostly doesnt fit the list but...

I have a K&N filter on my KA24, it was running great all the way up to Shasta
and most of the way back. About 10 miles from my home I couldnt get it to idle,
to make a long story short, I'm suspecting the oil from the K&N filter has put
a residue on the air flow meter. I have never heard of this but a few of my
friends (could be a new wives tale) are saying that the oil could coat the air
flow meter causing problems.
The engine still runs very strong when driving and the power is great but it
acts like its running rich at idle. Any idea's?

Ken

DATSTER