Silicone Brake Fluid

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Silicone Brake Fluid
From: "mike" <twobeaners@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 09:02:12 -0600
Hello list,
New guy here, just starting to tap into the Roadster Group Consciousness.
After stripping the finish off the firewall to clean up the mess made by
leaking clutch and brake cylinders, I did a complete replacement of the
hydraulic system components including all lines. I now have the heebie
jeebies about using "standard" brake fluid that someday may eat the new
finish in the engine compartment. I've considered using Silicone based
hydraulic fluid in my new system.  I don't race, just a regular guy with a
"special" car. Any thoughts or recommendations on using this type of fluid?
Pros, Cons?
Mike Hudson - '67 1600