Hiro is finally at Home (Web Site Update)(Long)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Hiro is finally at Home (Web Site Update)(Long)
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex675@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 18:53:44 -0700
Hello All,

After the longest week of my life I can finally say that my 1967.5 2000 is
safe at home and in its garage. What a wild trip.

For those of you who want to get right to the pics, here you go:

http://members.cox.net/solex67/102103.htm

For those of you who would like to hear the story, read on...

When I arrived in Seattle, it was already raining and needless to say I was
bummed. The weather turned a little bit better and we crossed the border
into Canada. On Monday, October 13th I arrived at Sports Imports to see the
car. He was pretty much finished with just a few things needed to put on
like the grille and license trim.

The weather was detriorating and then on Tuesday, we had one beautiful day
when I finally got to take the car out. Mike Perkins, the mechanic who built
motor, took me through seating the rings and other tidbits about how to take
care of the engine and chassis. A great guy. We talked about Hockey and
other important things and then brought it back in so Mike could look at the
spark plugs. All four plugs looked great.

The trip over the border was a nightmare. It was pouring rain and driving
wind and from what I see on the news just in time. Hope you guys are OK up
there.

After I got the car driving, I then put 1300 miles on it going home. It did
very well although I have ti admit I still hear the drone of the solexes
when I try to get to sleep. Car will take a day or two off and then I will
probably go for a drive or two this weekend.

Anyhow, a long and wild trip. See you on the road!

Andrew Murphy
1967.5 2000 SRL311-00489

For those interested, the final info:

U20 engine COMPLETELY Rebuilt

Non smog cylinder hear
B-CAM
New pistons, rings, bearings, rockers, springs, crankshaft- everything
Early style Solexes with Bigger Chokes
Open Element Air Cleaner assembly
MSD 6AL Ingnition with rev limiter
Boone EI Dizzy
GM 60 AMP Alternator conversion
Volvo Brake Conversion
Conversion to late Steering Assemply
New tie rods, ball joints, comp front springs and sway bar
Carbon Fiber Dash and slightly customized radio and shift plate and ash tray
console

The car had many hundreds of hours of labor to make it the car it is today.
My thanks to Ross Mullen, David Robinson, and Michal Perkins.

Service.  Try it FREE for one month!   http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup