Re: K & N air filters - E 1958 (?)

To: wschaibe@ucsd.edu, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: K & N air filters - E 1958 (?)
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 13:35:44 EDT
I've got a K&N for my 70-1600 - I believe it's an E1958 I'm not totally sure
on the part# and I can't find the flap from the box I saved.

Look up the E1958 in the parts book to be sure.

I'm using the stock filter housing - this filter is just slightly bigger in
all-over outside diameter, however, there is a groove in the filter that the
"top plate" fits into and tightens down quite nicely. The filter hangs out less
than 1/2" all around - this shouldn't affect anything,  and seems to look OK
too !  The element was around $50.00 - Summit had them, and Checker
(shucks/kragen) prices were in the same ballpark.

I'ts been a few years, and this p/n may have been discontinued. I really
don't remember what the orig app. for it was.  (How'd that for a totally vague
answer- eh ?)

I tried to find a size listing on <A
HREF="www.knfilters.com">www.knfilters.com</A>, but they want
applications - I noticed a "recommend a vehicle" section. Maybe if we all chime
in,
they'll make us the correct one !

Laurie :-)
70 SPL311