Was Fuel Pump now Glass Bowl now glass bowl fix

To: Robert.Long@acs-inc.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Was Fuel Pump now Glass Bowl now glass bowl fix
From: "Jim Cawrse" <nqrithjim@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 17:04:23 +0000
The easy cheap way to fix this is drive the car more so the
bowl gasket dosnt dry out and cause an air leak, which makes it
impossible for the fuel pump to draw gas from the tank.

The easy way to fix a dry gasket is to smear some grease on it,
and re-assemble the bowl.  This has happened to me several times,
after not driving the car for a month or two, like over the winter,
and the grease thing has worked just fine.  Then, as long as I
drive her, which is easy when the weather is nice, like 8 months of
the year, I have no problems.  You could also probably cut out a
better thicker gasket from some construction paper or thin
gasket material.

Best Regards,
Jim
Chesapeake Virginia
67 pushrod 2L 5spd
72 510 sportwagon

>From: Robert.Long@acs-inc.com
>To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
>Subject: Was Fuel Pump now Glass Bowl
>Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 09:11:32 -0600
>
>Dearest List,
>
>A couple of weeks ago, I cried about my 1 year old fuel pump croaking.
>Several
>listees suggested that it may be the glass fuel filter bowl causing
>problems, and
>they were exactly right.  I bolted the pump back on, bypassed the glass
>bowl
>and it ran like a champ.  Thanks alot for the tip!
>
>So, what can I do to fix the glass bowl?  I'm only using it cosmetically,
>as
>I have
>a fuel filter back by the gas tank.  I really like the retro look of the
>glass bowl
>and would like to get it back in the loop.
>
>Thanks once again...Robert - 67.5 1600 - Albuquerque
>
>P.S.  For you racers out there, we'll be hosting our first-ever SCCA Road
>Race on
>October 4th & 5th, which is also the 1st weekend of the Balloon Fiesta.
>The
>plan is
>to make this an annual event, so if you can't make it this year, plan for
>next year.
>Race on Saturday & Sunday and enjoy the Balloons on Monday!

Add MSN 8 Internet Software to your existing Internet access and enjoy
patented spam protection and more.  Sign up now!