OT New Car advice wanted.

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: OT New Car advice wanted.
From: "Daniel Neuman" <neuman@RadOnc17.UCSF.Edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 11:07:25 -0700
Hello All,
        Just thought I would fill the list with OT stuff today ;)
It has been decided, ahem, that we need one newish modern reliable car with
good gas mileage.  The roadster ~16ish mpg the 73 Chevy 3/4 ton truck ~10ish
mpg and the 73 Jag ~16ish also.  We plan on fixing up the Jag and selling it
as soon as possible...good riddance.
        We are looking at the class, I don't know what its called but how
about  'big on the inside, small on the outside hatchbacks where the rear
seats fold down flat and give you a decent amount of carrying capacity'.  We
need something that will seat 4 adults comfortably (so a real backseat).
The cars we are looking at are, The Toyota Matrix, The Pontiac Vibe, The
Scion, The Ford Focus, The Mini, The Honda Civic.  Did I forget one?  Does
anybody have any experience with any of these cars?  I would love to hear
personal opinions on the pros and cons of each car.
I want something that's on the more sporty side like the Focus SVT.  The
Scion is cheap but it only makes 105rwhp..pretty weak.
We are not planning on getting a new-off-the-lot model (can't afford it) we
are hoping to get a barely used <10,000 mile jobby.
        Thanks,
                Daniel Neuman
                69 2000
                Oakland CA