Re: fuel pumps

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: fuel pumps
From: "Tom Duffy" <tomuo@attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 18:56:42 -0700
I had the same questions, and here's the answers I came up with.

1. Only the direction of the outlet tube differs between the 1600
and 2000.  The 2000 heads straight up, and is useful even in a
1600 because it makes it easier to route the fuel line around the
air pump in the California Smog equipped cars. Mine looked original,
and I replaced it with a 2000 which was identical to the one on
there.
2. I went into Nissan of Stanford in Palo Alto with the part number,
   and they special ordered it.  It came in a couple of weeks.  But,
it would have been cheaper to get it from the vendors, or even
cheaper to get one of the ones that appear on Ebay occassionally.
3. Probably not.

If you already have the old one off the car, you can try to take
it apart and see if it can be rebuilt with a kit available from
the vendors, that would work out the cheapest.

Unless the rubber diaphram inside has torn, these little guys
seen to live forever.

Tom.
'68 SPL311
'67 "Samba" 21 Window VW Bus