Re: Piston Checking

To: SRAPL311@aol.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Piston Checking
From: Stan Chernoff <az589@lafn.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 12:15:30 -0800
In addition to the process that Larry described there is or was another
process called Zyglo.

With the Zyglo process the penetrant was introduced to the surface where
the crack was suspected and then the surface cleaned.  The penetrant would
remain in the crack if any and a black light was used to determine if there
was a crack with penetrant in it.  Penetrant in a crack would glow.

Stan
=======