Vendor Integrity

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Vendor Integrity
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 12:31:48 -0800
Hey All,

I often read posts about guys who are looking for certain parts and whether
or not their local Nissan dealer or auto parts store might have them.
Without fail many listers respond with "Why don't you get that from our
vendors?" I heartily agree for several reasons. A Nissan dealer or Auto
parts store is not going to go out of business from lack of Datsun Roadster
business. The same cannot be said of our vendors.

Also, it's nice to have the vendor know who you are and what car you have so
they can help you decide what you need and also give technical support when
you need it. I like it when I call our vendors and they know me by name.
Over the past two years I have purchased from just about every vendor out
there and I have been very happy with the results.

However, I would like to mention a vendor that went out of his way to help
me when he really was not obligated to do so. I bought a part from Dann at
Rallye for my restoration. I purchased it a year ago and like a lot of my
parts it sat in the box until Ross opened it to install on my car. Well, the
part in the box was not what I purchased. It was a labeling mistake from
Dann's supplier in Japan. Not really his fault and Dann has a 30 day return
policy on his parts. Not his problem if I didn't take the time to open the
box and inspect the product.

Well, I ended up keeping the part as it was usable for my car, but the cost
difference between the part I received and the part I ordered was
substantial. Dann asked no questions and immediately gave me a store credit
on whatever I wanted. I ordered some tune up parts for my 1500 and some U20
cooling parts for my restoration. Free shipping to my home for my tune up
parts and to Ross for my U20 parts.

So to Dann I say thank you for the integrity. This is why we need to
patronize our vendors. They are helpful and have the parts and expertise to
keep our beloved roadsters on the road.  When my car is done it will be
directly related to Les, Dennis, Dean, Dann, Mike Kerr, and of course Ross
Mullen. Every one of them has helped me and will continue to do so as I
progress with my cars.

So the next time you need brake pads or engine parts or interior stuff call
the vendors. I will be.

Andrew Murphy
1967.5 2000 Solex SRL311-00489
1964 1500