RE: rear end gearing x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: "datsun roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: rear end gearing x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@attbi.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 20:57:25 -0800
Ring gears and pinion gears always have to be changed as a set. Don't mix
and match.

I believe (could easily be wrong on this) that the truck pinion is longer
than the roadster one and therefore won't fit into the roadster housing.
Swap the side gears from the roadster diff into the truck housing and you
can bolt that one in with the 4.375.

But with a KA24, I doubt if you'll need such low gears unless you are
autocrossing or running very large tires. I'd go with the 3.70 if you have
one lying around, otherwise use the 3.889.

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA
www.gordon-glasgow.org