Re: Brand New Prob, After 35 Years (revisited)

To: "David R. Conrad" <conrad1@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Brand New Prob, After 35 Years (revisited)
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 07:31:55 -0600 (CST)
Dave,

The rubber pad is like a rubber foot that is snapped into a hole on the
pedal arm. The stop light switch presses against it when the pedal is
released. With age the center of the rubber pushes down/out and the switch
actuator extends into the hole. This allows the brake switch to stay on
all the time. By bending the bracket the switch will press against the
metal that would support the rubber if it were there.

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor/Future planner, CS Dept,
University of Texas, 1 University Station C0500,Austin, Tx. 78712-1188 USA