RE: washer info

To: "'snyler'" <mtyler@hctc.net>,
Subject: RE: washer info
From: "Graeme Suckling" <graemes@saonline.com.au>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 12:09:19 +1030
Marc, on exhaust manifolds, I use a copper nut which has a ring
included on it.
The ring is smaller in diam. than the thread on the stud (only by a
bees dick) and performs the same function as the Nyloc on a Nyloc nut
but without the obvious temperature problem.
They are intended for turbo use, so should be more than adequate for a
N/A engine.
Alternatively, a good quality stainless steel spring washer will still
do the job I feel.
Regards,
Graeme Suckling
1965 SP310 - under construction DSOA Member # 112
1971 P510 4 door - daily driver, original owner, highly modified.
1972 P510 2 door - in storage.
1973 HS30/240Z - re-building to 2003 specs.
Adelaide, South Australia.